Treatment for lower back pain
Lower back pain can be crippling. It can severely compromise your quality of life by making it exceptionally uncomfortable or even impossible to do everyday activities, such as work, looking after the children and keeping fit. It often starts with a minor everyday activity such as bending down to tie your shoe laces or can even start without a particular reason.
What to do if you have neck pain:
- Keep active, but without aggravating your condition, e.g. if striding out while walking is uncomfortable then shuffle along. It is important to also limit the time you walk or shuffle to prevent aggravation.
- Use ice instead of heat, especially if the condition is acute. Apply the ice several times a day for at least 30 minutes and remember to put a tea towel or something similar between the ice pack and your skin to prevent frostbite.
- Avoid or limit painful activities, e.g. sitting is often painful so limit the time you sit and have regular breaks.
- If sleeping is painful then try sleeping with a pillow between your legs.
- Seek advice from a qualified Chiropractor if the pain is not getting better or gone within a few days.
Chiropractic is proven to help with back pain and Liz and Nick have over 25 years experience between them to help you.
Liz and Nick are available for free advice via email or phone. Alternatively, you may want to come in for a free screening examination at our Chiropractic clinic in Gloucester during which we can recommend how best to proceed based on the findings of that exam.
It is a startling fact that after one year most people (75%) with back pain will continue to experience that pain. Also, the longer you have back pain the harder it is to treat and the increase in the likelihood of it becoming a long term chronic condition.
We’re here to help.
If you are looking for treatment for your lower back pain and live around Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Newent and parts of the Forest of Dean or Stroud, then contact us. We are the only Chiropractors in Gloucester to offer a money back guarantee. Remember we are only a phone call away. If you would like to discuss this topic further please call us on 01452 898014 or email us.